Thing 13: Reflective Practice on Things 10, 11 & 12 - Online Networker

Pixabay
Having completed Things 10-12, we now should have a 3-pronged strategy for promoting our personal brand and becoming a highly skilled Online Networker.

I found this part of the course a little more challenging than the Visual Communicator. This took me out of my comfort zone. It also introduced me to more new online tools so there was also a greater learning curve involved for me. This is an area I definitely need to work on and become more comfortable being more visible online. I think this will come with more practice and also the Library Webinars should help with this. I look forward to putting the things I learnt into action.

I found Thing 10 ,on Networking Tools, the easiest as I had previously used Facebook and Twitter. I also participated in my first TwitterChat which I found to be an enjoyable experience. This was also a great networking opportunity.

Thing 11, on creating Your Professional Brand, was a little more challenging for me but did allow me the opportunity to update my LinkedIn profile which was well overdue.

Lastly, Thing 12, on Collaborative Tools, was interesting as this introduced me to many new online tools that I hadn't been aware of previously. I do look forward to introducing these tools where I can to make working life a little easier to manage. I do think there will be more virtual projects in the future so this could be very helpful. It does require buy-in though from all members of the team.

I do feel after completing these three Things that I can be a better Online Networker in the future. I look forward to putting these new tools and skills into action. Maybe for the next group project, I will suggest we trial some of these new tools. It is great to know that they are available.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts