Thing 3 - Image Banks

Image taken from: CC0 Creative Commons
https://pixabay.com/en/locket-pendant-necklace-watch-2569573/

I was very impressed with the quality and the range of content available via Pixabay. The website itself is of professional quality. It was very simple to find what you are looking for via the Search bar. The photos are excellent and professional looking. It is also very clear to see which ones are free to use - CC0 Creative Commons Free for commercial use  No attribution required. I found it very simple to download the image, save it to my computer and upload it to the blog.  All in all, I would recommend this website to others who are looking for freely available images to use.

We are often asked questions about copyright and usage of images/content and this gave a good overview of useful resources to recommend to users as well as a good overview of the importance of attribution. I had heard of Creative Commons but never used it and this would make me consider it in the future.


 

Comments

  1. Yes, Creative Commons is pretty great. I love the picture you've got there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts