Thing 8 - Infographics

I enjoyed this task of putting together an infographic. I had seen them before and think they are a useful way of getting a message across in a was that is visually appealing. I often wondered how they were done and wondered if you needed to be a graphic designer.

I used the tool Canva, a free graphic design tool, which says it makes design simple for everyone and indeed it does. It provides a range of templates to choose from. I had previously used Canva to update my CV so I had prior knowledge of the software. I hadn't realised it also included the option to design infographics so this was good to know.

The blog post gave some good tips on designing the infographic - less is more! I decided to do one to advertise our services. I wanted to focus on three things and found a template to suit my needs. I did find the template a little clunky to work with and I had to adjust what I wanted to suit the layout already there. I think with more knowledge and time, I could do a better job.

To see the finished product, click on the link below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8H7M3HLKYQQS0R6eDlLclFnLXM/view?usp=sharing

Comments

  1. Looks very nice! At my library (NUI Galway), Canva seems to have won out over Piktochart as the favoured tool to create infographics, after various people having tried both.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts