Thing 10: Networking Tools


Thing 10 introduced us to the online networking tools using Facebook and Twitter. I am already familiar with both having used them both previously mainly for personal communication. It was interesting to see how these could be used professionally.

I participated in my first Twitter Chat on Tuesday 19th of December from 7.30pm to 9.30pm which I found very easy to follow and engage in. It was very well organised and hosted by Siobhan McGuinness. The introductory e-mail gave excellent instructions for first-timers like myself. The use of questions was an excellent way to get the conversation flowing. It was also a good way to interact and meet fellow participants in the course. I followed a good few of them on Twitter and picked up numerous tips. The hashtag #r23chat was easy to remember and follow along. I enjoyed the experience and would definitely think of joining more in the future. 

Comments

  1. Glad you enjoyed the Twitter chat! The R23 team are actually talking about putting on a second one as we speak. Any ideas on what kind of a topic you'd like to see being chatted about? Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. Look forward to the next TwitterChat. I liked the fact it was associated with the course so more of the same would be good.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts